Do you enjoy finely crafted artisanal spirits? How about gourmet food? How about both of them together? If so you will truly appreciate this unique and exclusive package from the creative minds of The Inn at Cooperstown.
The Inn at Cooperstown is proud to announce our latest “experience” package with Cooperstown’s newest attraction, the Cooperstown Distillery, for a special Lodging and Libations package. This package is limited to two weekend dates only!
The Cooperstown Distillery officially opened for business October 12, 2013. Owner Gene Marra had been in the restaurant business for more than 40 years and was looking for a new opportunity. His dream of opening a micro-distillery in Cooperstown began to ferment a couple of years ago. The Otsego County region is well known for its variety of high-quality craft beer and Gene thought the addition of a micro-distillery just made sense.
Gene, already a skilled winemaker, spent many years in the wine industry and was intrigued to venture into distilled spirits. He participated in seminars for micro-distillers at Cornell University and later took a course in Chicago.
With the help of our Senator and a change in New York State’s liquor laws, Gene’s dream of opening his own distillery finally came to fruition. The Cooperstown Distillery’s lineup consists of Abner Doubleday Doubleplay Vodka, Beanball Bourbon, Fenimore Gin, and Sam Smith’s Boatyard Rum.
For your dining pleasure Lucy Townsend, Cooperstown’s esteemed caterer and owner of L.M. Townsend Catering, has been called from the bullpen and challenged to create a gourmet multi-course dinner that will make your mouth water. Lucy and L.M. Townsend Catering will craft the perfect dinner that’ll compliment and/or incorporate Gene’s distilled creations.
- 2 Nights lodging at The Inn at Cooperstown
- A VIP, after-hours tour and tasting at the Distillery
- A “Get in the Spirits” gourmet, multi-course dinner at the Distillery
- 1 Bottle of Vodka, Gin, or Bourbon from the Cooperstown Distillery
- 1 Cooperstown Distillery logo glass per person
- Transportation to/from the Distillery
- 5% Discount coupon for dinner at Nicoletta’s Italian Cafe
- 1 Unforgettable experience
On Saturday wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and enjoy a scrumptious breakfast at The Inn at Cooperstown before heading out to the local sights. Some suggested activities include:
- Tour the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
- Have lunch in Brewery Ommegang's café and then take tour of the brewing facility
- Check out the newest winery in the region, Pail Shop Vineyards
- Take a winter hike or snowshoe at Glimmerglass State Park
- Just a few miles south of Cooperstown enjoy lunch and craft beer at Council Rock Brewery
- Relax in front of the fireplace at the inn and enjoy a good book or a board game
The shuttle bus will depart the Inn promptly at 6:00PM for the evening festivities at the Cooperstown Distillery.
Join us for an expanded continental breakfast served in our two beautifully decorated dining rooms, one of which has a working fireplace.
Checkout is at 11AM.
Availability & Pricing
- February 27 - 28, 2015
- March 13 - 14, 2015
- See calendar view
- Yatesboro, PA
Prices do not include tax. *Based on double occupancy.
If a reservation is changed, in whole or in part, a processing fee of $25 per room will be charged. When notice of a cancellation is provided more than 14 days in advance of the arrival date, a full refund less the processing fee will be made. When notice of a cancellation is provided fewer than 14 days from the arrival date, a refund is subject to re-rental of the reserved room without loss to The Inn at Cooperstown.